Please consider sponsoring one of our orphans.
Click here to donate to the general fund for the Upendo Kids
- The chief of his village brought him & his brother, Lincon, to Evelyn.
- Their father killed their mother during a fight and then hung himself. Both Lincon and Lucky witnessed the murder. He has finally stopped crying.
- He is quite an entertainer! He loves tickles!
- He is always happy and likes to make everyone else happy too.
- He seems to have suffered less than my brother.
- Her mother and father both died of AIDS.
- She was a house girl. Her boss sexually/physically abused her, refused her food, and beat her.
- She is currently in Boarding school and doing well.
- Her jobs at the center are to clean the kitchen, supervise homework for all the children and brushing everyone’s shoes.
- She loves school.
- She seems to be traumatized.
- His mother died while giving birth to him.
- His father and 3 brothers visit on occasion and receive food and school assistance from Upendo.
- Kamou is always smiling.
- He loves football.
- He is a “miracle child.”
- Evelyne was found abandoned on the street.
- Her mother Milicah, age 16, came back to get her. At the time Milicah was pregnant and ready to deliver but miscarried and almost bled to death.
- Her health has improved a lot. She is speaking well and asks for her needs now.
- She has started walking and is beginning to talk.
- She is always unhappy. She was traumatized.
- Nevin was at the Day Care Center when his mother died of AIDs.
- He wants to drive a taxi some day.
- He came to Upendo when he was 1 ½ years old.
- His mom was an HIV small group friend of Evelyn. She died of AIDS.
- He was born HIV Positive and today I am HIV Negative.
- His job at the center is to carry the plates and cups after the meals and to play with Blessing and Tracy.
- he does well in school and can dress himself.
- He is always smiling. He is a very happy boy.
Emmanuel Sipila Ingosi
- His mother went mad and is living with her mother.
- He has no father and no siblings that we know of.
- His grandmother is trying to hide him from his father’s side of the family. They are not good people.
- He is a good student, loves school and has improved a lot.
- He has “nobody” from mother's side, the safe side to help him.
- She was born January 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM and delivered to Upendo 60 minutes later. Evelyn was alerted to her by a knock on the door. She answered and found only the petticoat and this newborn.
- 4 days later a young boy checked on her and left some information, never to return.
- He is am now walking and beginning to talk…Mama Gowen
- He is a household favorite.
- He is the happiest child at the center. Always singing and dancing.
Tracy Mutioba Ingosi
- Tracy is the granddaughter of Evelyn Ingosi.
- Her mother’s name is Gowen and she was 16 yrs old at Tracy’s birth.
- Gowen was raped by her high school teacher and became pregnant with Tracy.
- She is very happy, very funny and makes her Grandma happy.
- She is walking and talking and very active.
- She always gets her hair done because my mother loves to do it.
- No information about his birthdate. He was born at home so there are no birth records.
- The chief of his village brought him & his brother, Lucky, to Evelyn. He is the older brother.
- Their father killed their mother during a fight and then hung himself. Both Lincon and Lucky witnessed this and Lincon can still tell the story.
- He carries a small toy propeller around because he wants to be a pilot when he grows up.
- He was traumatized and is still carrying images of the past.
- He loves school and has a positive attitude.
Moses Tyron Ingosi
- His mother was an HIV Client of Huduma who died of AIDS.
- His father was in a car accident and cannot walk.
- He is very smart and wants to be a policeman.
- He is a very serious student/person.
- He loves to study.
- He is much happier than he used to be.
Joyline Atieno Ingosi
- Her mother did not want her and we have no information on her father.
- Her aunt brought her to Upendo Daycare Center and never came back to pick her up.
- HIV positive, she takes Arv’s (HIV medicine)
- She is a happy and a good student.
- She wants to be a model.
- She use to get sick all the time and doesn’t any more.
David (no one knows)
- He has no mother and his father just left him and is mentally ill and cannot walk.
- He comes from a Moslem family who is very poor.
- He may be on the autism spectrum but we are not sure.
- He doesn’t talk and is still in diapers.
- He can feed himself but is very messy.
- He was born July 3, 2000.
- He is Evelyn’s youngest of three children.
- When Blessing is sick, he won’t eat because he is so worried. He loves Blessing like his own. He is always checking on her.
- His job at the center is to read Bible Stories to the children before they go to bed.
- He loves to read and is very helpful, especially with the younger children.
- He is a football player.
- Her mother died of HIV.
- Her father was shocked by the death of his wife and is jobless, sick, and confused. He is also mentally ill.
- She has 2 brothers: Bryan age 7 and Justus age 5 who both eat at Upendo…we pay her school fees.
- She is so loving.
- She used to cry when anyone looked at her, now she smiles.
Milicah Nasimiyu Ingosi
- She was born August 29, 1996.
- Upendo found her alongside Kawangare path miscarrying while her 1 year old baby daughter watched. Upendo found her, saved her, adopted her and her baby.
- She dreams of becoming a tailor and clothes designer and doing well.
- She would also like to follow in the footsteps of Evelyn as director of Upendo
Gowen Ingosi (Ashanti)
- She was born July 19, 1996.
- She is Evelyn’s second oldest child and very supportive and understanding of her mother and Upendo.
- She left school at 15 with no explanation. Later it was found out that she was raped by her teacher.
- She fears school but we are encouraging her to go back as she is an excellent student.
- She has become much happier – and carries the vision for Upendo.
- She dreams of owning a beauty salon. She is now going to beauty school.
- She helps cook at Upendo.
- She has a daughter named Tracy Mutioba.
- His mother was an HIV Client of Huduma and has died.
- He was living with his grandmother. 6 years ago his grandmother left him at the Day Care Center and has not returned.
- He is a very good student. He loves to learn and wants to be a doctor.
- He is very helpful around the home and the school.
- He is a very likeable boy and has a great personality.
- Rain or shine he leaves for school early and studies really hard.
- He loves to tutor the younger boys and teach the kids songs.
- Birthdate: February 4, 2016
- Evelyne found him in a garbage dump when he was 3 hours old